In today’s times educating far away professionals is key for business, virtual classes can be instruments to provide a high quality service in that case. In this program; introductory webinar plus workshop we explain you the secrets to make it successfully.
In the Webinar of the same title, run earlir we stated the most important challenges, teachers and student meet.
- To learn Virtual Classroom design best practices
- To gain deeper understanding of the Blended Learning concept, design and delivery
- To practice methods that prove Virtual Classroom to be efficient when combined with online self study and tutor-guided study
- To mature on pros and cons of the traditional teaching model compared with modern blended type of education
To design, implement and deliver a blended education module containing:
- An online self-study part previous to the virtual classroom session
- The classroom session delivery
- The student’ assessment techniques to be used
- To practice the types of Virtual Classroom sessions:
- Broadcast lecture
- Interactive session
- To learn and practice presentation techniques
The course is in workshop mode, that means participants will perform a number of exercises.
Timing is very flexible and self paced. You decide when to participate. It is expected that you work for 12 hours approximately in total but you are free to dedicate more or less, it’ll be for your benefit.
There are two one hour webinars scheduled that will be recorded for later review as well:
- The “Take-off” webinar
- The “Closing” webinar
Individual and collaborative activities will be monitored by the Workshop moderator (Online tutor) and students as well (playing the role of teachers)
It is expected you dedicate an average of 20′ per day, but as said this is flexible and you can do it at any time according your availability.
Student must bring a subject to be taught using a VC within a blended learning approach.
Tools used in the workshop
The purpose of the course is not to be trained on IT tools, although you’ll use them to perform the exercises. You’ll get the minimum information required to use the tools efficiently.
- A videoconferencing system (Virtual Classroom) based on Big Blue Button v1.1
- Some easy to use Moodle LMS resources
- Some easy to use content production tools for text and video
- A mobile App synchronized with the campus
It is up to the participant to present the exercises using MS Office products, although it is not required.